Hello fellow real ale fans - welcome to the Plymouth CAMRA website!
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is an independent, voluntary organisation campaigning for real ale, community pubs and consumer rights. We now have over 185,000 members and have been described as the most successful consumer campaign in Europe. Visit the National CAMRA website CAMRA Home
At local level, CAMRA’s Plymouth branch has around 1 000 members and organise events to promote real ale, including regular social activities, day trips, brewery visits etc, as well as producing our popular Drake's Drinker magazine. We also have a South West Region website - please check it out CAMRA SOUTH WEST
Our “LocAle” scheme encourages pubs to stock at least one beer from a local brewery. This helps to reduce “beer miles”, boosts the local economy and creates an increased sense of local identity and pride – let’s celebrate what makes our region unique ! LocAle Scheme
Map of the South West branches and a more detailed map of the Plymouth CAMRA Branch area
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 10:20 : Few things beat a Sunday walk that ends in a pub. Get some inspiration for new outings with CAMRA's Wild Pub Walks:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Saturday, 12:30 : The campaign to save the @BerneyArmsPub, Norfolk's most remote pub, is continuing. See the latest update here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 19:21 : RT @danieljneilson: Look who I'm having a beer with. Thanks @alanhinkes for writing the foreword to @CAMRA_Official Wild Pub Walks pic.twitter.com/MwDEC40I9T
- Friday, 17:05 : We are now out of the office for the weekend and will pick up any question and queries then. Have a great weekend!
- Friday, 11:30 : Run in association with @HistoricEngland, the 2017 National Pub Design Awards have now been launched: camra.org.uk/pub-design-awa…