Pub Of The Year
Pub of The Year Competition.
The branch runs five categories within the main Pub of The Year (POTY) competition. These are City POTY, Country POTY, Cider & Perry POTY and Club of The Year, with the pub scoring the most votes being named as the overall Branch Pub Of The Year. This then goes forward to the Regional POTY Competition, and subsequently, the National Pub of the Year Competition should it be successful at a regional level.
The competition runs as follows: Each Plymouth branch member who appears on the CAMRA national Membership System on 18th December will be contacted by the branch Membership Secretary. Each member will be entitled to vote for up to three pubs in order, plus a cider & perry pub (which may be one they have already voted for), and a club. Members are advised to include the address of the pub they are voting for, as there are numerous pubs called King’s/Queen’s Head/Arms, etc. Votes without the address will be excluded if there is any doubt! Voting will close at midnight on 31st January each year.
Votes can be cast via email or letter. In either case, your name AND membership number MUST be clearly stated – joint members MUST state that they are joint members.
Members can only vote once! Only those pubs listed on the Pub Guide are eligible.
The Branch Committee will ensure that all winners comply with current CAMRA policy. When voting, members may want to take into account of not only the quality of all real ales available, but also the atmosphere/style/décor of the pub, the service/welcome they receive, community focus of the pub, any sympathy with CAMRA aims, and good overall value. The pub with the overall highest score will be the branch Pub Of The Year and the city/country POTY as appropriate, and the others as required by their status.
- Overall Branch Pub Of The Year 2017 is Fortescue Hotel, Mutley Plain, Plymouth PL4 6JQ.
- City Pub Of The Year 2017 is the Fortescue Hotel, Mutley Plain, Plymouth PL4 6JQ and Runner-Up is the Prince Maurice, 3, Church Hill, Eggbuckland, Plymouth, PL6 5RJ.
- Country Pub Of The Year 2017 is Foxhound Inn, Kingsbridge Road, Brixton PL8 2AH, and the Runner Up is Royal Oak Inn, Meavy PL20 6PJ.
- The Cider and Perry Pub Of The Year 2017 is the Fortescue Hotel, Mutley Plain, Plymouth PL46JQ and Runner-Up is the Union Inn, 17 Underwood Road, Plympton PL7 1SY.
- The Club Of The Year 2017 is the Fawn Private Members Club, 39, Prospect Street, Greenbank, Plymouth PL4 8NY and Runner Up is the Plympton Conservative Club, 109 Ridgeway, Plympton PL7 2AA.
2017 Top 10 Pubs
- 1st Fortescue Hotel
- 2nd Prince Maurice
- 3rd Dolphin Hotel
- 4th Minerva Inn
- 5th= Fishermans Arms and Mannamead
- 7th Nowhere Inn
- 8th Foxhound Inn
- 9th Britannia Inn
- 10th Royal Oak Inn
Pub of The Year 2018 Voting
Voting for the branch Pub Of The Year 2018 will open on Monday 1st January and close at midnight on Wednesday 31st January 2018. Members may submit their votes either by post or via email to ku.gro.armac.htuomylp@ytophtuomylp Please use your full name and your membership number to validate your vote.
Voting forms - Branch Members MUST sign in to be able to download the forms.
Download the voting form as a word or PDF document (when available) - Voting closes at midnight on Wednesday 31 January 2018.